Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town of Jackson was founded in 1887 as a stopover for travelers on the Oregon Trail. It is named after David Edward "Dave" Jackson, an early settler and landowner. The town has been the county seat since 1890, when Teton County was created from Lincoln County (which at that time covered all of western Wyoming). The Town Square features a statue dedicated to Dave Jackson erected by his wife in 1912. In November 2007, it snowed 11 inches (28 cm) which set a record for any month other than December; however this record fell just two years later with 12 inches (30 cm) recorded during November 2009. Contents History 1 Early history 1.1 20th century: growth and tourism boom 1.2 21st century: population increase & development boom 1.