Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Stevens Point was named after Mary Ann Stevens, the wife of the first postmaster. The Wisconsin Territorial Legislature established Portage County on March 30, 1839; and two years later divided it into townships. On January 13, 1845, that part of the Town of Plover comprising present-day Stevens Point was set off as a separate township called "Pleasant Valley". It encompassed all land east of what is now U.S. Route 10 in southern Stevens Point and extended north to present-day Marshfield along Lake Michiganshore (the boundary between Portage County and Wood County).