Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The village is located within the Town of Slinger. Slinger was founded in 1847 by German immigrant John Schleisinger, who had purchased land from the government and platted a town site. The name "Schleisingerville" was used until 1856 when it was changed to "Slinger". It has been noted on lists of unusual place names. The city's original plat consisted of 80 lots with streets running east-west and north-south named after trees: Elm, Oak, Pine (now Wisconsin Avenue), Cedar (now Main Street) and Ash Streets were laid out in an area that would become downtown Slinger; Maple Street ran between what are now North 2nd Street & 3rd Streets; Walnut street ran between what are now South 1st St & 2nd St.; while Hickory street ran where 4th St is today. In addition there were two alleys: one behind each row of buildings on either side of Main street.