Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The city is home to West Virginia Wesleyan College, a private four-year liberal arts college; the National Radio Astronomy Observatory headquarters and observatory; and the corporate offices of Allegheny Technologies, Armand Hammer United World College of the American West (the only U.S. campus for this international study abroad program), Black & Decker, DuPont Industrial Biosciences division (formerly Genencor), General Nutrition Center/International Protein Group (a subsidiary of The Hershey Company) and Ralston Purina PetCare Company. The first permanent settlement in what would become Clarksburg was founded by William Clark at present-day Fetterman Avenue along George Washington Highway on land that his father had purchased from Colonel John Stuart in 1770. He named it "Clarksburgh" after his uncle Jonathan Clark. It became part of Virginia in 1785 when Jefferson County was formed out Harrison County, but it remained sparsely populated until 1809 when explorer Meriwether Lewis passed through during an expedition across North America.