Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
McLean is part of the Washington metropolitan area and a suburb of Washington, D.C.. It is also considered to be a subsection of "Greater" McLean, which includes McLean plus the unincorporated communities (and census-designated places) of Langley Park, Fort Hunt, and Glen Echo. The community has been named twice as one of the 100 Best Communities for Young People by America's Promise Alliance. The land that makes up present day McLean was originally owned by Thomas Lee and it later became known as "Lee's Forest". In 1831 Edward Payne bought , including Lee's Forest; he renamed it "Payne’s Woods". In 1854 Henry Carrington Goode purchased an additional along Payne’s Branch in order to build his summer home; this property included three large farms: Oak Hill Farm (owned by Charles Fenton Mercer), Hickory Hill Farm (owned by Daniel Carroll Brent), and Belmont Plantation (owned John Tayloe Lomax).