Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Syracuse was a rail stop on the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad. The area of Syracuse was settled in 1849 by Mormon pioneers, including Daniel Davis. In 1850, Miles Goodyear established a cattle ranch which later became the town of Afton (now part of Syracuse). By 1852 there were enough settlers in the Afton area that they requested permission from Brigham Young to organize an LDS ward called "Afton". On July 28, 1952 it became part of the newly created Weber Stake with headquarters at Ogden City. In 1870 Charles C Rich organized another LDS ward known as "Davis" after John M Davis who also had been one its founders along with his brother Daniel Davis and others.