Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Hunt is located in the center of a triangle formed by Kerrville, Fredericksburg and Comfort. Hunt was founded in 1854 as a trading post on the San Antonio-El Paso Road (now Highway 16). It was named for Robert J. Hunt, who settled there with his family that year after migrating from Alabama to Texas via New Orleans and Indianola. The town became an important stop along the road due to its location at one of only two natural crossings over the Guadalupe River between Kerrville and Seguin; it had been used by Native Americans for centuries before European settlement began in Texas during Spanish colonial rule (the other crossing is near Seguin). A ferry operated here until about 1880 when John Wurzbach built a bridge across both forks of the river at this point; he also established another store nearby which later became known as "Wurzbach's Store." In 1881, Wurzbach's son William donated land for use as public schools; this site eventually developed into today's community park.