Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Anderson is the home of several institutions of higher education, including Anderson University (a selective private comprehensive university with approximately 3,900 undergraduate and graduate students), Greenville Technical College (with about 6,000 students), and the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research in Greenville. The city also has a satellite campus for Limestone College. The area was originally inhabited by members of the Cherokee tribe until they were displaced around 1820 by European settlers. A few Cherokees remained in their original territory near Rock Creek up to 1842 when Chief Seneca and his people became the last band to leave South Carolina; they settled on land granted them west of Arkansas after being forced off their lands in Tennessee during what came to be known as "The Trail Of Tears". The first white settlers arrived around that time: John Berry built a log cabin beside Rock Creek near present-day White Plains Road shortly after settling there c1821 or '22; he died at age 100 just before Anderson County was formed from part of Pickens County on December 19th 1826 .