Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The park is open from the end of April to the middle of October. Elysburg was founded in 1796 by John and Mary Knoebel, who immigrated from Germany. The town was named after Elysium, a place in Greek mythology where good people go when they die. It became a stop on the Reading Railroad line between Sunbury and Shamokin Dam (now called Sunbury). In 1872 it had one store, two hotels, three wagon shops and about 100 residents; by 1890 its population had grown to 1,000 with six stores and four churches. In 1901 an amusement park opened nearby which eventually grew into Knoebels Amusement Resort & Campground which still operates today as one of Pennsylvania's most popular family attractions featuring three wooden roller coasters: Phoenix (1935), Twister II (1950) & Wild Mouse(1972).