Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Eugene is named after its founder, Eugene Franklin Skinner. In 1846, Skinner erected the first cabin in the area. It was used as a trading post and was registered as an official post office on January 8, 1850. At this time the settlement was known by several names: Skinner's Mudhole; Skinnerville; and later as Oak Shores (after Thomas Oaks). The Willamette Valley had been explored in 1805 by Robert Stuart and a party of Hudson's Bay Company trappers led by Michel Laframboise.