Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
In 2013, Wooster was named the top college town in Ohio by Best College Reviews. History The area that is now Wooster was originally settled by a band of the Lenape (Delaware) Native Americans. The name "Wooster" originated from the Dutch surname "de Waater", which means "(the) water(er)", and refers to early fur traders who came into this area to trap for beaver and otter during their peak years around 1750-1850. These early settlers were primarily interested in fur trading, but they also developed an interest in land speculation as well as some farming and milling activities along Brandywine Creek; however, most of these endeavors failed due to poor soil conditions or lack of capital investment. In 1809-10 Colonel John Henry Antes built a log house on what is now known as Castle Avenue; he later sold his holdings there to Jacob Wyse (1773–1852), who had come from Pennsylvania with his family about 1805.