Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The city was founded in 1815 and platted by John Wood, Jr., son of Colonel John Wood. It is named after General Oliver Hazard Perry, hero of the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812. The town became a village in 1837 and a city on April 1, 1901. Perrysburg Township was organized by European Americans beginning circa 1830; it included what are now known as the cities/townships (in order from north to south) Northwood (formerly part), Whitehouse, Rossford and Walbridge plus parts or all of present-day Maumee City (including Waterville), Holland and Monclova Township. In addition to these townships' boundaries being modified over time for various reasons including annexations into other municipalities such as Toledo or Sylvania, there were also minor boundary changes within some townships themselves due to annexations between neighboring communities.