Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Oxford was laid out in 1810. The village was named after Oxford, in England. A historic district has been constructed and is now protected by the National Register of Historic Places. It includes portions of the original town site, as well as areas that were added to the district much later. Miami University is located here; it was founded in 1809 and occupies a large portion of land east of US Route 27 between West High Street (Ohio State Route 73) on its west side and East Sycamore Street on its east side. The university's Environmental Learning Center (ELC) sits just north along Route 73 at Crabbottom Woods Nature Preserve which contains a trail system for hiking or horseback riding through wooded glades with occasional views across open meadows to distant hillsides covered with forest trees including oaks, maples, sycamores and pines.