Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Euclid is named after the Greek mathematician Euclid. The city was settled in 1796 and became a township in 1809. Euclid then became a village in 1903 and a city shortly after 1930, although it had been called "the City of Euclid" for many years before that by its residents. The well-preserved village features historic buildings, homes with large front porches on tree lined streets, as well as several parks including Lakeside Park which includes an outdoor swimming pool open during the summer months to members only (non-residents pay $2 per visit). It has one of the highest concentrations of Victorian houses still existing along with other historical buildings such as churches from various eras including Gothic Revival architecture built by German immigrants who settled there beginning around 1840; some are listed on National Register of Historic Places listings or designated local landmarks/historic districts within this area known locally as "Historic Village".