Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Euclid is named for the Greek mathematician Euclid of Alexandria. The city was settled in 1796 and became a township in 1809. It achieved city status in 1920, when it merged with its adjacent neighbor, Willoughby Township. In October 2016, Euclid was ranked #1 by Money Magazine as "America's Best Place to Live". The area that would become Euclid was surveyed between 1795 and 1800 by Thomas Hutchins under contract with the Connecticut Land Company (Cuyahoga County being part of the Western Reserve). The survey work began at Lake Erie and ended west of Dover on September 23, 1800; over time this section came to be known as Survey Townships 3 through 8 North Range 1 East Section 1 (or Township 3N-8N-1E) within Cuyahoga County's Public Lands Survey System covering .