Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is the county seat of Cherokee County. Andrews Air Force Base is located in the town. Andrews was founded by Archibald and William Andrew, brothers who moved from Pennsylvania to North Carolina around 1760 with their families and settled on a tract of land along Deep River near its confluence with Big Creek (now known as Lake Andrews). The brothers were Scots-Irish Presbyterians who had been born into a family that had immigrated from Northern Ireland in 1717. They named their new settlement after themselves: "The Town of Andrew." In 1822, it became the seat for newly formed Cherokee County; however, it took another two years before an official courthouse was built there because no one wanted to live at such an isolated location far away from any other settlements or townships except for Murphy's Crossroads (present day Andrews), which lay about three miles southward on what would become U.