Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The name was changed to Moriches when the area was settled by Europeans. The first European settler in Center Moriches, Abraham Pierson, arrived in 1655. In 1835 a railroad station opened at what is now West Avenue and Main Street; it closed on July 10, 1998.The Masury Estate Ballroom (also known as the "Moriches Bay Country Club") is located on Meritces Neck Road near its intersection with New York State Route 25A. It was built for John Averell Harriman's son Roland by architect William Adams Delano in 1913-14 and added to the National Register of Historic Places on September 9, 1984. It has been used as a filming location for several movies including The Other Side of Heaven and also served as one of two locations where scenes from A Walk To Remember were filmed..