Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The city has a long history of Irish and Italian American population. The city is also home to a sizable Jewish community, centered on Congregation Beth El, founded in 1882. The area that would become New Brunswick was originally inhabited by the Lenape Native Americans. The first European settlement at the site of New Brunswick was made in 1681; it consisted of a settlement on King's Highway (now Route 27) called "the House of Hope." In 1714, Colonel Henry Neilson purchased land around Sandy Hook and built Fort Neilson there as part of preparations for further conflict with France which never materialized; he sold his holdings back to the Dutch West India Company shortly thereafter but remained involved with politics as well-liked by local residents who referred to him as "Good old Neilson". He became known as an honest politician which contrasted him from other politicians at that time such work together for their own personal benefit rather than for what was best for everyone else like most politicians do today .