Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Kingwood Township was incorporated as a township by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on February 23, 1845, from portions of Bethlehem Township. Portions were taken to form Delaware Township (February 9, 1852), Union Township (March 7, 1860) and Tewksbury Borough (April 12, 1900). The township was named for Kingwood Parish in Hunterdon County which had been formed in 1714 and included all of present-day Kingwood along with what is now known as Clinton Town. The earliest settlers were Dutch who arrived around 1690 followed by English Quakers who settled near the Delaware River circa 1700. The first mill built on the Millstone River dates back to 1738 while another one at Hainesburg dates back to 1740; both mills are still standing today although they have been converted into private residences.