Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
East Windsor Township was formed on February 9, 1797 from portions of the now-defunct Windsor Township. The township was named for its location east of the original settlement in what is today known as Ewing Township. The first European settlers were members of a Puritan colony established in 1685 by English colonists at present-day Elizabethtown and Scotch Plains, New Jersey. The group purchased land from Chief Tantaqua along the Spruce Run Creek (which flows through East Windsor). This purchase encompassed much of present day western Monmouth County and eastern Mercer County including all or parts of what are now called Princeton Borough, West Windsor Township (formerly South Trenton), Robbinsville borough (originally part of Washington township), Kingston borough (formerly partof Pohatcong township) and Hightstown Borough(originally partof East Amwell).