Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Concord was founded by Captain Ebenezer Eastman and Major Simon Willard, both of whom were killed during the Battle of Penacook. They named it after the Italian city of Concordia (Konkorido in Esperanto), where they had fought together in 1801. The name became "Concord" upon incorporation as a town on February 6, 1842. The first recorded use of the name "Concord" for a village (as opposed to its namesake) came with its charter when it was incorporated as a town on February 6, 1842; previously it had been known informally as Penacook or Pemigewasset Village ("Pemigewasset" is an Abenaki word meaning "swift-flowing water"). The population was 60 at the 2010 census.