Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The primary settlement in town, where over 75% of the population resides, is defined as the Barrington census-designated place (CDP) and is located at . The town also includes the villages of East Barrington and West Barrington. First granted by Colonial Governor Benning Wentworth on June 2, 1761 to John Langdon and 61 others from Hampton Falls for their services during King George's War. It was named after William Cavendish-Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland who had been Prime Minister when New Hampshire became a royal colony in 1691. Settled about 1765 by pioneers from Massachusetts led by Captain Samuel Brown; they were later joined by families from Connecticut under Captain Ebenezer Eastman (1738–1815). In 1808 it was incorporated as "Eastmanstown" but changed its name to "Barrington" on April 10, 1810 due to confusion with another community called Eastmanstown nearby that eventually became Dover.