Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The 4.2 mi (6.8 km) stretch of South Las Vegas Boulevard known as the Strip is mainly in Paradise, and a small portion overlaps into Winchester. The city's original name was "Las Vegas", which is Spanish for "the meadows". In the early 20th century, many people believed that this was actually the Spanish spelling of an indigenous American word or Paiute language name; however, it actually came from a Mexican land grant issued to Francisco Garcés under Mexican rule in 1829 called Rancho Las Vegas ("ranch" meaning ranchland).