Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The city is also home to the Detroit/Wayne County Regional Airport. Royal Oak was incorporated as a village in 1891 and as a city in 1921. The name originated in 1819, when Colonel Jacob Smith traveled through the area and found an oak grove near what is now the corner of 5th Avenue and Troy Street. He declared "This will be the Royal Oak Stand", which eventually became "Royal Oak".