Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History [ edit ] The area that is now Plymouth was first settled in 1824. The community was named after Plymouth, Massachusetts. A post office has been in operation at Plymouth since 1825. The city incorporated as a village within the township on March 3, 1893, and then as a city on April 2, 1950. In 1957 it annexed land from neighboring Northville Township to gain additional territory for expansion of its borders. It later annexed more land from Northville Township in 1961 and 1972. On October 25th 2017 the City of Plymouth voted to dissolve itself into two separate municipalities; one being called "Plymouth" which will contain all areas currently within the boundaries of the current City (excluding certain properties near M-59) while another municipality called "Plymouth Charter Township" will be created containing all lands currently located within both cities' limits (including those previously mentioned excluded properties)..