Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town was first settled in 1733 and officially incorporated on February 24, 1739. Sturbridge is home to the Old Sturbridge Village living history museum, which has been open since 1947. The village includes more than 40 historic structures from the 18th and 19th centuries including a tavern, schoolhouse, general store and blacksmith shop. There are also several farm buildings that depict life in rural New England during this time period as well as an orchard with apple trees planted by early settlers of Sturbridge who brought seeds with them when they immigrated to America from England. In addition there is a working gristmill powered by water diverted from Mill Brook through wooden flumes under Main Street (Route 20). The mill produces cornmeal for sale at its gift shop along with other items made using traditional methods such as wool blankets woven on hand looms or candles molded over homemade molds carved out of soapstone; many of these products are available for purchase online at their website's gift shop section .