Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Kingston was first settled in 1633 as a part of Duxbury. It was officially incorporated on March 6, 1722, when it separated from the mother town and became the "Town of Kingston". The name may have come from its location along the Kings River or because it is near several other towns named Kingston. In 1812, parts of Kingston were used to form Plympton and Brockton. In 1818 there was an attempt by some residents to dissolve the town government but this failed due to lack of support for such action in neighboring communities like Plymouth and Halifax which would have been affected if they had lost their access roads through Kingston (the main road at that time). By 1830 there were 1,200 citizens living in 300 households scattered across three villages: South Village (now known as North Scituate), Middle Village (now known as South Scituate) and Kingstown Center; with about 200 people per village.