Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Montgomery Village was developed by James W. Rouse and the Rouse Company, which also developed Columbia, Maryland (another planned suburban community) and Harborplace in Baltimore. Montgomery Village is one of three large planned communities built by the company starting in 1966; the others are Columbia and Rivertowne (now known as Towson Town Center). The original developer of Montgomery Village was Kenmont Corporation, a subsidiary of RCA Corporation. In 1968–69 it had an estimated population of 1,000 residents living on . The land that became Montgomery Village originally belonged to Richard Brooke III who named his estate "Mount Ida". It later became part of George Washington's Mount Vernon plantation before being sold off piecemeal for development beginning around 1910 when much land along Rockville Pike was subdivided into small farms or wooded estates such as those belonging to John Toner Sr., Charles Eichelberger Jr., Thomas Crippen Sr., William Bowersox Jr., Samuel Henshaw Jones Jr.'s son-in-law Dr.