Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Leeds was first settled in 1789 and named for Leeds, England. The area was incorporated on February 23, 1828 as the town of Litchfield Plantation. It became a town on March 6, 1840 and changed its name to Leeds in 1841 because another Maine community had already taken the name Litchfield. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of , of which is land and is water. The Androscoggin River flows through it from north-east to south-west towards its confluence with Merrymeeting Bay at Brunswick; this river forms part of Maine's border with New Hampshire (and ultimately joins up with other rivers that flow into Massachusetts). The highest point in Leeds is an unnamed hill near Pine Hill Cemetery at above sea level; however there are several hills over high along Route 104 between West Minot Road/Route 126 junction (elevation ) and just before entering Auburn (at ).