Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History [ edit ] The city of Zachary is named for former Louisiana Governor Henry L. Morehouse, who served from 1884 to 1888. The community was first settled in the late 19th century by farmers and grew rapidly after the arrival of a railroad line in 1898. It was incorporated as a town on February 16, 1901, but lost its charter four years later due to financial difficulties. In 1905 it became an independent police jury district before being reincorporated as a town on April 15, 1908. On March 29, 1926 Zachary was incorporated as a city, effective May 1st that year;. Its population at that time stood at 2200 people (according to census figures). By 1930 this had grown more than threefold and reached 7500 residents. A decade later it doubled again with 16000 inhabitants recorded during 1940s census count (which also showed some 20000 additional people living within 10 miles radius from downtown)..