Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The first Europeans known to have reached the area carved their names on beech trees near the river around 1775. By 1778, settlers had built log cabins in the vicinity of present-day Bowling Green and also in a settlement known as Prairie Landing about eight miles (13 km) to its north; this was designated as Warren County's seat of government until 1810 when it moved to Bowling Green. In 1780, Warren County was split into three counties: Franklin formed from parts of Butler and Warren Counties; Logan formed from parts of Christiana (now LaRue), Mason, Ohio and Lincoln Counties; and Robertson created out part or all portions each taken from Campbell, Clark (now Oldham), Fayette( now Jefferson ) , Fleming , Harrison( now Hardin ), Lewis , Montgomery( now Simpson )and Washington . The original county seat for Russellville became extinct with its division by Christiana Township into wards that year. Bowling Green is located at 36°19′6″N 86°52′1″W / 36.