Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
LeClaire is named after its founder, John Le Claire. He was a French-Canadian fur trader and the first permanent white settler in this area. The city of LeClaire was incorporated on January 15, 1855 by an act of the Iowa State Legislature. It has been part of Scott County since that time; it had previously been part of Rock Island County as well as unorganized territory within Iowa Territory (1838–1846). In 1837, John Le Claire built his trading post near present-day Lock and Dam No. 14 along the Mississippi River at what would become Davenport's Riverdale Park neighborhood (now known simply as "Riverdale").