Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Fishers was founded in 1820 by James G. Fisher and his family, who were Quakers from North Carolina. The town was named after the family's original hometown of Fishers Ferry across the Ohio River from Kentucky. In its early days, it served as a stop on the Underground Railroad before Indiana became a state in 1816 and slavery was abolished there soon after (1825). The first schoolhouse opened in 1850; it is now part of Heritage Park Historical Village at Noblesville West Middle School on 131st Street between Olio Road and Lantern Road (Indiana State Route 267).