Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Bartlett is located 15 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. Bartlett was founded in 1835 by John Bartlett, a native of New York state. He purchased land from the federal government at $1.25 per acre and built a log cabin near present-day Stearns Road and Butterfield Road (Illinois Route 53). The community grew slowly until the railroad came through in 1870, bringing with it industry to support agriculture as well as commerce for local residents. In 1871, Bartlettsville was incorporated under Illinois law; it had previously been governed by Cook County commissioners since its creation on April 1, 1850. By 1900 the population reached 2200. On January 13th 1914 Bartlettsville officially changed its name to "Bartlett" after being petitioned to do so by local citizens who wanted their town named after John Hossack's son Frank A., not himself.