Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History The area that is now Nampa was settled in the early 1860s as a stagecoach station along the Oregon Trail. The community was originally called "Hog Heaven" because of the abundance of pig farms in and around Nampa, but it later changed its name to "Nampa". In 1864, when Idaho became a territory, Hog Heaven became known as Canyon City. It had been chosen as county seat for Boise County (now Canyon County) and by 1866 boasted a population of 1,000 people. A post office opened at this time under the name Hogheaven; however it closed three years later due to financial difficulties caused by an outbreak of smallpox among residents during 1870–1871. By 1880 there were enough people living in Canyon City for another attempt at incorporation; this time successful.