Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. Grayson was founded in 1882 as a stop on the Georgia, Carolina and Northern Railway (later acquired by Southern Railway). It was named for Benjamin Grayson, who owned land near the town site. A post office has been in operation at Grayson since 1883. The city incorporated as a municipality on December 1, 1914. In 1915 it became an important junction point with completion of track between Griffin and Gainesville; this line later became known as "The Peachtree Line". This route provided passenger service to Atlanta until 1971 when Amtrak discontinued its Carolinian train service north of Charlotte NC due to poor track conditions resulting from deferred maintenance during years prior to Amtrak's formation in 1971. The former railroad right-of-way now serves as part of Georgia State Route 20 which runs through downtown Grayson. Geography [ edit ] Grayson is located at (33.913892, -84.099078).