Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The area was originally inhabited by the Tequesta Indians. The first non-native settler in what is now Wellington was Joseph Morrell, who bought land from the Seminole Indians in 1838 and settled on it with his wife Mary (née Rogers) and their children. They named their home "Wellington" after Lord Arthur Wellesley, then Prime Minister of Great Britain; he later became Duke of Wellington. In 1845, a year after Ransom Olds built his automobile on a chassis manufactured by Olds Motor Vehicle Company (Oldsmobile), he opened an auto dealership at Morrell's home to sell them to local residents; this made him one of America's earliest automobile dealerships. In 1925 Miami businessman Benjamin Greenhut bought 2 square miles (5 km2) for $50 an acre ($1/km²). He died three years later but left the land to his widow Estelle Doheny as part of her inheritance.