Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History Bonita Springs was founded in 1883 by Dr. Joseph M. White, who named the area for his wife, Mary's maiden name of Bonita (Spanish for "pretty"). The town was incorporated as Fort Myers Beach in 1925 and changed to its current name in 1947. In 1949 it became a city and part of Lee County when that county separated from Collier County.