Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The city was named for Anna Maria King, the daughter of James King, a prominent landowner. She married Richard W. Scott in 1846 and they built their home on what is now known as "Scott's Beach". The area around the house gradually became known as Scott's Addition to Bradenton Beach. In 1921, when Manatee County was carved out of portions of Hillsborough and Sarasota counties by popular vote (Bradenton had already incorporated), it included all three communities on Anna Maria Island: Bradenton Beach (the largest community at that time), Holmes Beach (incorporated in 1925) and Anna Maria City (incorporated in 1927).