Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History [ edit ] Edgewater was founded in 1859 as a mining town, and incorporated in 1907. The city's name is derived from its location on the edge of Denver. Edgewater began as a small community along the South Platte River called Union City, which was established by George A. Jackson and William F. Larimer, two prospectors who had been searching for gold since 1858. In 1860 they discovered placer gold near present-day Confluence Park just east of downtown Denver.:2–3:1 Jackson built a log cabin to use as his office at what would become Union City (now part of Edgewater).