Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The Spanish settlers called these natives Costeños or "coast people" and the English-speaking settlers called them Costanoans. San Leandro was first visited on Father Crespi. He found the area already inhabited by Native Americans when he arrived in 1772. The Spanish began to take over several East Bay areas, including San Leandro, in 1776, but returned it to Mexico with the signing of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo at end of that year's Mexican–American War (1846). By 1821 Mexico had regained control of California and all other former Spanish possessions eventually became part of Mexico again until 1848 when California was ceded to United States following its victory in Mexican–American War (1846–48) during which Alta California territory were occupied by U.