Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Orange was founded by members of the Shoshonean Native American tribe. It was established as a city in 1869, and incorporated in 1872. The four men who laid out the town site named it "Jedediah Smith City" after the explorer Jedediah Smith, who passed through the area more than a decade earlier. In April 1870, a flood washed away many of the homes that had been erected; however, residents rebuilt them on higher ground (the original townsite is now inundated by Silverado Reservoir). The increased need for jobs and commerce during this period later earned Orange its nickname: "The City of Jobs.