Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Mission Viejo was purchased by John Forster, a Mexican also known as Don Juan, in 1873. In the 1900s, James McFadden and J.B. Wilson of Indiana began planning what would become the town site of Mission Viejo; they were assisted by their friend from Indiana Albert Hoxie Dewey (1857–1926) who had surveyed most of Southern California for land development companies since 1875 and served as an expert witness in many court cases involving Spanish land grants. In 1910 Dewey bought into a partnership with his son-in-law George W. Joseph to create the Pacific Land Investment Company which primarily acquired property for oil drilling around Brea Canyon near Yorba Linda and Fullerton. In 1912 Dewey transferred title to his daughter Ruth Mildred McFarland (1887–1976).