Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Before its incorporation in 1796 under the Franciscan Mission San Jose, located in what is now the southern part of Fremont, California; this area was home to some of the Ohlone Native Americans. Other tribes were coerced into other adjacent missions. The mission had over 2700 cattle and more than 3000 sheep at any one time. The population increased rapidly after a flood of 1800 destroyed much of San Jose (then known as "Stent") and killed hundreds. In 1812, Rancho Las Positas grantee William Mendenhall purchased Livermore's property for $2/acre before Livermore was officially founded by Robert Livermore in 1869.The town was named after Robert Livermore, a friend and business associate who died suddenly on May 9, 1868. His widow Mary Ann Birch Sloss-Livermore became his sole heir, selling 1/3 interest to William Mendenhall Jr.