Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
La Mirada is the sister city of Xalapa, Mexico. History [ edit ] The area was originally part of Rancho La Puente, which was owned by Antonio Ygnacio Avila. The city received its name in 1887, when the post office was established and a resident suggested it be named La Mirada (Spanish for "the view"). Residents tried to change the name to "Miracle City" on October 9, 1931, but there already existed a Miracle City in Texas. In 1955 Robert P. McCulloch purchased 1000 acres (4 km²) east of California State Highway 19 and developed this tract as one of Southern California's first master-planned communities; he also built his own home there at 1015 El Cerrito Place with an unobstructed view overlooking Lake Hughes. This land had been part of the Mexican grant Rancho La Puente that became a U.S state grant under terms requiring US citizens to be used for farming purposes.