Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town is located on the west bank of Avila Beach, about two miles (3 km) from the Pacific Ocean. Cayucos was once known as "the capital of quail". It has a number of businesses catering to sportsmen and tourists, including sport fishing lodges and charter fishing boats. The Cayucos Marina features boat slips for transient boaters. There are also several restaurants in town that serve fresh seafood daily; there are no fast food chains within city limits because it is not zoned for them. History [ edit ] The name Cayucos comes from an Ohlone Indian word meaning "place where shells were gathered." In 1867 Charles Johnson built a hotel near what is now Morro Bay with his partner James Ward using lumber salvaged from shipwrecks along the coast. He named it Johnson's Landing after himself,:p25:p2 but everyone called it Jonson's Rancho instead.