Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Vestavia Hills is a part of the Birmingham-Hoover, AL Metropolitan Statistical Area. History The area that would become Vestavia Hills was first settled in 1816 by John Gwin, who built his home on what is now the corner of Cahaba Road and Old Montgomery Highway. The community grew slowly until after World War II when it became a popular place for people to move to from Birmingham proper as they sought newer housing and better schools for their children. In 1948 residents voted to incorporate Vestavia into its own city; at that time there were only 1,500 residents in this new city but by 1960 there were more than 7,000 citizens living within its boundaries. By 1970 nearly 30% of all homes had been constructed since 1950. This growth continued through 2000 with over $150 million worth of construction occurring between 1996–2000 alone, including major commercial developments along U.