Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Cullman is the principal city of the Cullman, AL Micropolitan Statistical Area, which consists of Cullman County. History [ edit ] The area that became known as "Cullmann" was first settled in 1810 by a German family named "Kolb". The town was officially established in 1873 when the Louisville and Nashville Railroad came through from nearby Blountsville. It was originally called "New Market", but renamed after Colonel William H. Cullmann (1824–1907), who had purchased land there to develop a cotton plantation. He also served as postmaster for many years. In 1889 he donated land for what would become Alabama's first state-supported four-year college, now known as University of North Alabama; it opened its doors on February 2, 1892 with an enrollment of 28 students, including women.