Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Auburn was founded in 1836, when the Alabama legislature chartered a town under the name "Springville". In 1839, it changed to "Lewiston", after Governor John Tyler signed legislation changing the name of Springville to "Lexington" and that of Tuscaloosa County seat from Lexington to Auburn. The first business in Auburn was a small store opened by William E. Lovelace on September 27, 1838.