Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
St Andrews is also known worldwide as the "home of golf". This is in part because of The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, founded in 1754, which until 2004 exercised legislative authority over the game worldwide (except in the United States and Mexico). It is also because the famous Old Course at St Andrews Links (acquired by the town in 1894) is one of four venues that comprise The Open Championship, held annually on a rotating basis. Visitors travel to St Andrews for several courses ranked amongst some of world's finest including: The Martyrs Memorial stands at west end on a cliff overlooking sea. It was erected to honour Patrick Hamilton, George Wishart and other martyrs from Reformation times who were burned alive nearby. In 2002 work began on construction for an underground car park with an 80-space parking garage underneath; it opened October 2005.